Thursday, October 27, 2016

Fall 2016 Mood Board: Preppy Gal

Hi Gals!  Last week I made a mood board in Fashion class and I think they are a really creative way of showing things you find aesthetically pleasing. So today I have made a fall mood board for the fashion I have been loving so far this season.  I call the style in this mood board, "Preppy gal"!
This fall I have been really inspired by looks seen in earlier Tommy Hilfiger Collections and the show "Gossip Girl" which represent the stereotypical Ivy League student style. 
Image result for tommy hilfiger fall collectionImage result for gossip girl fall fashion
Tommy Hilfiger Fall 2013 collection and Serena Van Der Woodsen on Gossip Girl.
In gyaru my inspirations for this style have been Tsubasa Masuwaka x Girls Doors, older Liz Lisa fall collections, and the more geek-chic amekaji styles. 
Image result for preppy gyaru
A Popteen spread featuring multiple examples of Preppy gal, and WC representing the more "Ivy" side of amekaji.
The preppy look can be incorporated into himekaji as well! In the mood board I feature a Yumetenbo dress that is perfect for fall and has a plaid print which is perfect for the style I also included a Liz Lisa Coord (top right). In the fall and winter it is not rare to see darker browns and reds in himekaji, which are perfect colors for the gyaru prep style! 
Image result for preppy gyaruImage result for fall himekaji
As far as makeup and hair goes, dark neutrals and darker lip colors go great with this fashion!  I chose a picture of larme model, Risa Nakamura solely because I love her lipstick choice and the glasses she is wearing go perfectly with the cute and nerdy look. 
Image result for gyaru red lipsImage result for fall gyaru makeup
Tsubasa Masuwaka and Sayoko Ozaki.
Some essentials of this style are:
- Color Tights (Navy, Red, Green, Brown)
- Black or Brown Flat Shoes (Oxfords, Flats, Loafers)
Thank you for reading! So what do you think of Preppy gal? I think this style is interesting because the aspects of typical Ivy School prep fashion can be seen in many different gyaru styles such as himekaji, amekaji, and onee. The preppy trend hasn't had much of a spotlight in gyaru either, but I hope to see more of this style in the gyaru community!
                                                                                   



No comments:

Post a Comment